MASTER COURSE IN ITALIAN CUISINE AND OENOLOGY - Level I4 Weeks of theoretical and practical lessons with board and lodging included and the opportunity of a practical training period at the best Italian restaurants
THE MASTER COURSE IN ITALIAN CUISINE AND OENOLOGY – Level I
The Master course in Italian Cuisine and Oenology – Level I is divided into two parts: the first consists of theoretical-practical lessons at ICIF Headquarters and educational field trips; the second, consisting in a professional internship (optional), at a restaurant selected by the school.
The Master Course – Level I is designed for professionals or students who want to undergo a more rapid training program on traditional and modern-creative cuisine, with insights into oils, balsamic vinegars, herbs and spices, traditional first courses, cheeses, pastries and wine.
Maximum attendance: 24.
The Course has a total duration of 3 months:
- 4 weeks of theoretical and practical lessons at the Institute
- 8 weeks of internship (optional) at Italian restaurant previously selected by the Institute
Diploma from the Institute at the completion of the course
THOSE WHO CAN ENROLL ARE:
- Holders of diplomas from higher education hospitality institutes or centres
- Foreign and Italian professionals from the food and wine sector
- Workers from the sector with at least one year of documented experience in hospitality industry worldwide
- Extra virgin olive oil and other condiments
- Wine, balsamic and aromatic vinegars
- Herbs and spices
- Hot and cold starters
- Vegetables and salads
- Rice and risottos
- Dried pasta and its sauces
- Fresh and filled pasta
- Polenta, gnocchi, flans and timbales
- Freshwater and saltwater fish
- White meat, lamb, pork and beef
- Small pastries
- Ice-creams and sorbets
- Vine growing and wine-making techniques
- Wine tasting techniques
- Food-and-wine pairing
- Introduction to well-known Italian wines
Italian language classes
- Basic knowledge of Italian language and grammar
- Group conversations
The recipes prepared may vary according to season and to product availability. The number of recipes prepared varies according to their level of difficulty and, in the case of hands-on classes, from the level of skill and speed of execution of the participating students.
The professional internship – optional, not included in the subcription costs takes place at the end of the I Level Master Course at restaurants belonging to the Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe Association (www.jre.it), with which ICIF has stipulated an agreement.
The restaurants for the internship training are selected by ICIF experienced staff. Here the students can put into practice and improve all those skills learnt during the course as well as improving their knowledge in their particular area of interest. The groups is divided and each student is sent to a different restaurant. Board and accomodation are supplied by the restaurateurs hosting the students, who provide them with the accommodation at their disposal.
Complete course: 5.950 €
Included in the price of the course:
- Accommodation at the ICIF’s guesthouse for 4 weeks in small apartments (2-rooms flats with single, twins or triple rooms and one bathroom)
- Breakfast from Monday to Friday
- Meals (lunch and dinner) in the school canteen from Monday to Friday
- A complete chef uniform: jacket, trouser, apron and paper hat
- Support for the Student Visa application procedure (if needed)
ADDITIONAL SERVICES OFFERED
- Group bus transfer from Milano Malpensa airport to Costigliole d’Asti, price: € 50
- Assistance in purchasing of a new sim card
- Assistance for organizing Food and Wine tours and extra educational activities
- Assistance for organizing transfer for food sector events and fairs