CHOCOLATERIE COURSE4 Weeks of theoretical and practical lessons with board and lodging included and the opportunity of a training period at selected chocolate shops or artisan laboratories
THE CHOCOLATERIE COURSE
This course is suitable for those who want to open a chocolate shop and for those who want to become a professional master Chocolatier. The course includes lessons in window display design, the creation of artistic pieces to showcase, as well as new chocolate decorating techniques. The course includes detailed lessons held by Master Chocolatiers, members of the Academy of Master Chocolatiers, and visits to chocolate manufacturers.
The course is in Italian language and teachers are supported by an interpreter in English language.
Maximum attendance: 16.
The course has a total duration of 4 months:
- 4 weeks of theoretical and practical lessons at the Institute
- 12 weeks of practical training (optional) at specialized laboratories selected by ICIF
Diploma from the Institute at the completion of the course
THOSE WHO CAN ENROLL ARE
- Italian and foreign professionals of food and wine
- Italian and foreign food lovers and enthusiasts
The cultivation of the Cocoa bean
- Cocoa in the world
- Chocolate, an infinite mystery: the transformation from the seed to Chocolate and from chocolate to chocolates
- Technical aspect of cocoa
- Aromatic profiles of cocoa
- Artisan uses of Chocolate
Processing of Cocoa
- Cocoa: sensory analysis of 28 varieties from around the world
- The roasting
- The cracking of the bean: preparation of the cocoa bean from the whole bean to the nibs
- The grinding: first grinding of cocoa
- Recipes of Chocolate and application of the calculation programme
- The refining
- The conching
- The professional tempering technique
Ingredients, production and use of Chocolate
- Artisan Chocolate: insight into the various techniques of melting and processing
- Manual Tempering of Chocolate: insights on the mechanical techniques in a continuous cycle
- The molding of chocolate for hollow casings: preparation of pralines with various fillings
- The Preparation of fillings: ganaches, princes, cremini or jellies
- Chocolate coatings: insights on the use of colors and metals
- The Preparation of small items in modeled Chocolate
- The processing of Satin Chocolate
- Small Pieces to showcase: the realization of an artistic piece to showcase
- New techniques for chocolate decoration
Professors of Chocolaterie
- In depth lessons with theoretical and practical seminars held by world renowned professional confectioners – Masters from the Academy of Master Chocolatiers
- Every day a different Master Chocolatier will prepare their own Chocolate speciality starting from the simple preparations to the most classified ones
The student can choose whether to continue the program of the course by undergoing a period of internship (the internship is optional) lasting a total of 3 months (12 weeks) at patisseries or chocolate manufacturers previously selected by the Institute, and who belong to the Academy of Master Chocolatiers.
In companies unable to provide lodgings, it will be at the student’s discretion to choose another company able to offer accommodation, otherwise the school can be of assistance to find alternative lodgings, which will be at the student’s expense together with meals.
Complete course: 5.400 €. It is possible to enroll for a 1 week period, the fee for each weekly module is of 1.700,00 Euro.
Included in the price of the course:
- Accommodation and breakfast service for 4 weeks – for the first two weeks, starting from Wednesday (3rd day of the course) the course will take place, including accommodation, at the chocolate laboratory of one of the Master Chocolatier teachers of the course, in Vicoforte, while for the last two weeks and the first two days of the first week the course will take place at the ICIF Institute with accommodation at the ICIF guesthouse in mini-apartments (composed of two bedrooms with one, two or three beds and a bathroom)
- Welcome dinner upon the arrival on Sunday at the ICIF’s Training Restaurant “La Barbera” in the Castle of Costigliole d’Asti
- Meals from Monday to Friday (the school is closed on Sundays and on national holidays) for 4 weeks
- A complete chef uniform: jacket, trouser, apron and paper hat
- Support for the Student Visa application procedure (if needed)
- Group bus transfer from Milano Malpensa airport to Costigliole d’Asti, price: € 50
- Purchase and activation of new sim card
- Support and organization of Food and Wine tours
- Support and organization of transfer for food sector events and fairs
Scholarships are available to participants of Italian nationality who are resident in Italy. To find out how to apply please contact us or call the ICIF Institute in Costigliole d’Asti.