Short Course in Italian Cuisine and OenologyFour weeks of theoretical and practical lessons and the opportunity of a practical training period at the best Italian restaurants
The Short Course in Italian Cuisine and Oenology is set out in two parts: the first consists of theoretical-practical lessons at ICIF Headquarters, supplemented with educational field trips; the second, consisting in a professional internship (optional, not included in the subcription costs), at a restaurant selected by the school.
The Short Course is designed for professionals or students who want to undergo a more rapid training program on traditional and modern-creative cuisine, with insights into oils, balsamic vinegars, herbs and spices, traditional first courses, cheeses, pastries and wine.
Minimum attendance 12 – maximum 24.
The Course has a total duration of 3 months:
- 4 weeks of theoretical and practical lessons at the Institute
- 8 weeks of internship (optional) at Italian restaurant previously selected by the Institute
Those who can enroll are:
- Holders of diplomas from higher education hospitality institutes or centres
- Foreign and Italian professionals from the food and wine sector
- Workers from the sector with at least three years of documented experience in hospitality industry worldwide
- Extra virgin olive oil and other condiments
- Wine, balsamic and aromatic vinegars
- Herbs and spices
- Hot and cold starters
- Vegetables and salads
- Rice and risottos
- Dried pasta and its sauces
- Fresh and filled pasta
- Polenta, gnocchi, flans and timbales
- Freshwater and saltwater fish
- White meat, lamb, pork and beef
- Small pastries
- Ice-creams and sorbets
- Vine growing and wine-making techniques
- Wine tasting techniques
- Food-and-wine pairing
- Introduction to well-known Italian wines
Italian language classes
- Basic knowledge of Italian language and grammar
- Group conversations
The recipes prepared may vary according to season and to product availability. The number of recipes prepared varies according to their level of difficulty and, in the case of hands-on classes, from the level of skill and speed of execution of the participating students.
The professional internship – optional, not included in the subcription costs takes place at the end of the Short Course at restaurants belonging to the Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe Association (www.jre.it), with which ICIF has stipulated an agreement.
The restaurants for the internship training are selected by ICIF experienced staff. Here the students can put into practice and improve all those skills learnt during the course as well as improving their knowledge in their particular area of interest. The groups is divided and each student is sent to a different restaurant. Board and accomodation are supplied by the restaurateurs hosting the students, who provide them with the accommodation at their disposal.
The fee for the Short Course is of 5.500,00 Euro. The fee for the course includes:
- Accommodation at the Institute´s guesthouse in mini-apartments (comprising of two rooms with one, two or three beds and a bathroom) with breakfast included for the period of 4 weeks
- Meals at the School from Monday to Saturday (the School is closed on Sundays and on national holidays)
- Theoretical-practical lessons, as per scheduled program
- Educational material (hand-outs, audio-visual aids, etc.)
- Food products for lessons and tastings
- Use of equipment and tools during lessons in the designated classrooms
- A complete chef´s uniform consisting of: a chef´s jacket with the Institute´s logo, a pair of chef´s pants, an apron with the Institute´s logo and a bandana with the Institute´s logo
- Assistance, during the Course, in the bureaucratic procedures for the issuing of the temporary residence permit and of the tax identification number
- Diploma from the Institute at the completion of the course
Anything not mentioned above is not included.
ADDITIONAL FEES NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE OF THE COURSE:
- 50 € for the health insurance that cover the basic medical expenses and the expenses or the recover to the Hospital only for accidents during the job time for the whole period of the course (only if the student does not stipulate already a Sanitary Insurance in his proper country).
- 50 € for those who intend take advantage of the group bus transfer, only upon arrival in Italy, organized by the ICIF Institute on the Sunday before the beginning of the course, from Milan Malpensa airport. The payment of the 50 euro can be done in the balance of the course by bank transfer, or in cash or by credit card at the office of ICIF Direction on the first day of the course.