Master in Food ManagementCourse for the future manager of Italian cuisine for the big hotel chains, both Italian and foreign
This Master course is a collaboration between ICIF and the Department of Management of the University of Turin and stems from the need to train a professional figure which is currently in short supply on the global market. The objective of the Course is to train young people with a specific “background” of technical and managerial abilities necessary to manage the various activities in an hotel kitchen or in a restaurant.
The teaching method will be strongly orientated towards practical management; all theory learnt will immediately be put into practice with the help of practical demonstrations. In addition to covering issues closely related to the processing of food raw materials, the Masters course also deals with such topics as marketing, kitchen economics and the use of computer support systems. The faculty is made up of carefully selected professional teachers, such as University professors from the Department of Management of the University of Turin, Michelin starred chefs, professional experts from the food production industry and from the Italian agricultural sector.
The educational program will also include a visit to a hotel, where the participants will have the opportunity of listening to the direct testimony of esteemed managers and Executive Chefs. A real ‘unicum’ for a complete and structured professional package, an important business card to use in the world of work, with the possibility of becoming a true General Manager of the kitchen. This course does not include a period of practical training at facilities external to the Institute.
The Course has a duration of 4-weeks for a total of 160 hours.
Those who can enroll are:
- Holders of diplomas from higher education hospitality institutes or centres
- Foreign and Italian professionals from the food and wine sector
- Practical cooking lessons
- Standards and organizational service procedures
- Strategies for marketing and promotion of the restaurant
- Introduction to costing and to the IT system for calculating food cost
- Creating and promoting a menu
- Planning and control of supplies for the restaurant activity
- Oenology lessons
- Theoretical lessons on Italian extra virgin olive oil
The fee for the Master in Food Management is of 5.000,00 Euro. The fee for the course includes:
- Accommodation at the Institute´s guesthouse in mini-apartments (comprising of two rooms with one, two or three beds and a bathroom) with breakfast included for the period of 4 weeks
- Meals at the School from Monday to Saturday (the School is closed on Sundays and on national holidays)
- Theoretical-practical lessons, as per scheduled program
- Educational material (hand-outs, audio-visual aids, etc.)
- Food products for lessons and tastings
- Use of equipment and tools during lessons in the designated classrooms
- A complete chef´s uniform consisting of: a chef´s jacket with the Institute´s logo, a pair of chef´s pants, an apron with the Institute´s logo and a bandana with the Institute´s logo
- Assistance, during the Course, in the bureaucratic procedures for the issuing of the temporary residence permit and of the tax identification number
- Diploma from the Institute at the completion of the course
Anything not mentioned above is not included.
ADDITIONAL FEES NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE OF THE COURSE:
- 50 € for the health insurance that cover the basic medical expenses and the expenses or the recover to the Hospital only for accidents during the job time for the whole period of the course (only if the student does not stipulate already a Sanitary Insurance in his proper country).
- 50 € for those who intend take advantage of the group bus transfer, only upon arrival in Italy, organized by the ICIF Institute on the Sunday before the beginning of the course, from Milan Malpensa airport. The payment of the 50 euro can be done in the balance of the course by bank transfer, or in cash or by credit card at the office of ICIF Direction on the first day of the course.