Italian Bakery CourseOne week of theoretical and practical lessons and the opportunity to train as professional baker.
ICIF has created the ITALIAN BAKERY COURSE in collaboration with the professional who will carry out the course lessons, the chef, baker and pastry chef Davide Damiano, gastronomic consultant in several high-level restaurants, including Michelin Starred Restaurants, of Piedmont region, developer of new products for intolerant people in collaboration with the companies dedicated to this sector, thanks to the tasting of flour mixtures for gluten intolerances with high content of vegetable food fibers, as well as mixtures for other types of intolerances. He has a long national and international professional experience, combined with a solid theoretical preparation given by years of study in the field of food chemistry, which he has practically developed through numerous internships at various laboratories. Thanks to this detailed knowledge on food chemistry he becomes a wizard in the handling of doughs for various shapes of breads and grissini, traditional of different regions of Italy and also flavored with creative aromas for the modern style of Italian Cuisine. He is the top performer in the handling of yeasts and flour mixtures. The topics of the course include varieties of regional bread from North to South Italy, varieties of traditional and aromatized breadsticks, varieties of Italian focaccias and other bakery products and special breads for modern style Italian restaurants, with theoretical notions essential to the acquisition of practicality in the handling of doughs and yeasts. The course is in Italian language and teacher is supported by an interpreter in English language.
Minimum numbers of participants: 12.
The Course has a total duration of 1 week, exactly 5 days of theoretic-practical lessons at the Institute. This Course does not include practical training at outside facilities.
The can enroll in the course
- Italian and foreign food and wine professionals
- Italian and foreign gourmet amateurs and enthusiasts
Program of the course
- The flour
- The kneading methods
- The raw materials, chemical and organoleptic characteristics
- The rising
Practical execution of different types of BREADS:
- Italian common bread
- Wholemeal bread morsels
- Traditional cassette (box mold) bread
- Cassette bread with fiber and rye
- Bread of Altamura (Apulia region)
- Sicilian bread (or Mafalda)
- Carasau bread (Sardinia island)
- Ciriola (Lazio region)
Practical execution of different types of TRADITIONAL and SPECIAL BREADSTICKS (GRISSINI) and OTHER BAKERY PRODUCTS:
- Grissini hand-stretched (Piedmont region)
- Rubatà grissini (Piedmont region)
- Grissini with olives
- Grissini with corn flour
- Tarallucci with pepper (Campania region)
- Friselle from Apulia
- Hydrated focaccia
- Focaccia with paddle
- Whole wheat focaccia
- Focaccia from Apulia
FINAL EXAM and presentation of the CERTIFICATES of PARTICIPATION.
- Rose shape bread (Rosetta – Lombardy region)
- Turtle shape bread (Tartaruga – Lombardy and North Italy)
- Biova or Biovetta bread (Piedmont and North Italy)
- Ciabatta bread (Veneto, Lombardy and Piedmont)
- Piedmontese Miccone bread
Practical execution of different types of REGIONAL BREAD from CENTER of ITALY:
- Piadina (Emilia Romagna region)
- Tigella (Emilia Romagna region)
- Tuscan bread
- Mantovana bread (Lombardy region)
- Bread morsels with Taggiasca olives and Amaretti biscuits
- Spelled and bran loaves of bread with cocoa and honey
- Bread morsels with nuts and beetroot
- Fennel Spaccatella bread
- Bread with oregano and dried tomatoes
- Semisweet bread with cinnamon and lemon
- Small bread with ricotta cheese and saffron with hot kneading
Fees of the course
The fee for the Italian Bakery Course is of 1.400,00 Euro. The fee for the Course includes:
- Accommodation at the ICIF Guest-House in small apartment (composed of two bedrooms with one, two or three beds and a bathroom) and breakfast service for 1 week (arrival on Sunday evening and departure on Saturday morning)
- Meals at the Institute from Monday to Friday
- Theoretical-practical lessons as indicated in the program
- Teaching materials (theoretical pantry and recipe booklets)
- Raw materials for the lessons
- Use of the equipment and utensils during lessons in the Bakery Laboratory
- A complete chef’s uniform: a chef’s jacket with the ICIF logo, a pair of chef’s pants and an apron with the ICIF logo
- Assistance before the starting of the Course for the request and issuing of the Visa for Study, if necessary
- Certificate of participation from the ICIF Institute on completion of the course
Anything else not expressly specified above is not included.
ADDITIONAL FEES NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE OF THE COURSE:
- 50 € for the health insurance that cover the basic medical expenses and the expenses or the recover to the Hospital only for accidents during the job time for the whole period of the course (only if the student does not stipulate already a Sanitary Insurance in his proper country).
- 50 € for those who intend take advantage of the group bus transfer, only upon arrival in Italy, organized by the ICIF Institute on the Sunday before the beginning of the course, from Milan Malpensa airport. The payment of the 50 euro can be done in the balance of the course by bank transfer, or in cash or by credit card at the office of ICIF Direction on the first day of the course.
For further information about the course please fill out and send us the following form.